Custom Search
Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Al Reynolds: 'I am not a homosexual'


Al Reynolds has taken to the Internet - again - to set the record straight on his sexuality.

"I am not a homosexual," Star Jones' estranged husband declares in a video interview on his YouTube channel. After all, Reynolds adds, he's still in love with his soon-to-be ex-wife.

"I want people to know that I'm more than Star Jones' ex-husband - I'm Al Reynolds," he says in the video appropriately titled, "The Al Reynolds you don't know." "I'm about service. I'm about educating. I'm about motivating. I'm about helping. I'm about inspiring. That's what I feel the next chapter for Al Reynolds is going to be about."

The college professor's foray onto the video sharing site comes just months after he pleaded with the world to get to know him - via MySpace.

"In my mind, it feels like 'Dump on Al Month,' and I'm not having fun yet," he wrote in May after joining the social networking site. "People on television, radio and the Internet have spoken disparagingly of my life, my sexuality, my career and my integrity. ... Yet, despite this intense level of provocation, I have said nothing."

Apparently, he's switched tactics: Reynolds released three videos on his YouTube channel Tuesday night in which he covers everything from his "true passion" (teaching college students) to his relationship with Jones (they don't talk, in case you're wondering).

"There are days when I'm like, 'wooow.' I still wear my ring," Reynolds says on the video, "Al Reynolds and Star Jones." "It hasn't settled in yet. I still love her."

Reynolds and Jones tied the knot in a lavish ceremony in November 2004. Jones filed for divorce earlier this year.

The videos were created to "be on honest terms and show the broader picture as opposed to most of the inaccurate and salacious coverage that's out there," Reynolds' publicist, Howard Bragman, told the Daily News. "We're very, very happy with the way they turned out."

As of now, Reynolds doesn't have any plans to do additional videos, his rep says.



---

Yeah and the sky is green. Whatever Al.


Source

0 comments: